- 1 cup any nut/seed you’d like (I prefer Almonds, hemp seeds or coconut shreds)
- 3 cups filtered water (or coconut water for sweetness & amazingness…no add in needed with coconut water…THE BEST EVERRRR)
- optional add ins: pitted dates, cinnamon, cardamom
*Directions: soak your chosen nut (almond, walnut, hazelnut, cashew, coconut etc.) in filtered water that just covered your nuts (seeds don’t need to be soaked) for 1-8 hours (I like to soak about 2 hours because I’ve noticed my milk lasts longer when I only soak it for 1-2 hours)
Drain your nut soaking water (that sound pleasant) and add the correct measured amount of new filtered water. Blend on high in a @vitamix blender.
*****THE BEST ALMOND MILK EVER only 2 ingredients*****
- 1 cups soaked almonds
- 3 cups raw coconut water
OMFFFFFFG the best thing everrrrrrrr!!!! Please try it and let me know how you liked it. talk about super food milk!!!! Holy shit amazzzzzzing.
(I’m sure another high speed blender will work just fine) Now if you used almonds, coconut, hazelnut etc…any nut thats not super soft like cashews or hemp seeds you need to strain your milk through a nut milk bag, mesh or cheese cloth. Once it’s strained (if needed) pour milk into an airtight jar and place in the refrigerator. I REALLY love hemp seed milk for one simple reason…..I don’t have to strain it!!! Which makes life much easier. Play with the recipe a bit and make it your own. 1 date, or maybe a tbs of honey or maple syrup, cinnamon or nutmeg. You can really play with this recipe and have fun.
Nuts that need to be strained
Nuts/seeds that don’t need to be strained
- almond butter…or any nut butter (for quick milk) 2 larrrrrge tbs of almond butter (or any nut butter) with 2 cups filtered water….add 1 tsp vanilla extract or a date or maple syrup or cinnamon or cardamom etc. etc. again make it your own taste.
Now when we did the whole30 challenge a few years back I was in need of creamer for my coffee (like I thought screw this whole30 bullshit if I can’t have half & half) anyways. I made an unsweatened homemade almond creamer….which didn’t suck.
- 1 cups un-soaked almonds
- 2 cups filtered water
*Directions: Blend in a high speed blender & strain through a nut-milk bag (If I figure out how to link websites—-I will link a nut-milk bag website) if I don’t….google nut-milk bag or use cheese cloth. Its literally the only “half & half” substitute I can do!!!
I’d love to hear how your milks come out
- And yes I put this and the coconut & hemp milks in the kids bottles sometimes…..we’re almost out of frozen breast milk and they like it.